Some people have no clue what a legitimate network marketing is vs. a Pyramid Scheme. Enjoy the humor in this video.
I invested in “Facebook Ad Power” by Ryan Deiss and just went through all of the training videos. I am going to share some of the Facebook marketing tips and tricks I can think of off of the top of my head. My investment is your gain.
1. Facebook is becoming a fantastic place to advertise. Why? The clicks are super cheap and the targeting is unlike anything online.
2. Start off by paying per click, not impressions. They will give you a suggested bid range amount such as $ 0.63 – $ 0.72. PUT AN AMOUNT IN THERE STARTING AT 1/4 TO 1/3 OF THE LOWEST AMOUNT. So in this example, you would put in a bid amount of about $.16 or so. Now you have to track your traffic or the number of impressions. If you are not getting enough impressions, you need to raise the bid.
3. Facebook advertising is not like Adwords or PPC. PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK ARE NOT LOOKING TO BUY ANYTHING. THEY ARE THERE TO SOCIALIZE WITH FRIENDS. Therefore you have to change your mindset. Think about what would get you to click. When you log in to your profile, check out the ads. How are you being targeted?
4. Read the terms of service. This is huge. Not only will Facebook BAN YOUR ACCOUNT, but your ads are constantly being evaluated by the members of Facebook with the little thumbs up / thumbs down on each ad. If you get enough thumbs downs, they will disapprove your ad and could ban your account. Be nice. Be creative.
5. If you are advertising ACME People Search’s affiliate program, you need to be “creative”. You need to use a “Jump Page” with NO AFFILIATE LINKS, OPT IN BOX, VIDEO, ETC. on it. It can be done, but you need to do it in an around about way. I will be testing this soon. In theory, you could advertise APS as long as you do not position it as a make money online opportunity. Think outside the box. Here is Facebook’s exact terms:
– Scams, illegal activity, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
– Get rich quick and other money making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including money making schemes positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment;
6. Use Facebook’s targeting to target people interested in entrepreneurship, mlm, network marketing, home business, etc. These people will be a lot more receptive to your advertising and 95% of them are not making any money with their business. This is your target market.
Now for an example for an Acme People Search campaign:
Headline: Legit Home Businesses?
Copy: Finally a way to avoid the “all to common” home business scam. This free report/article/video reveals a way to avoid “home business scams”.
Include an image of a happy person in your ad.
Now your jump page should just state basically the same thing as the ad. A simple web page with maybe an image and some copy very similar to the ad. Below, put a clickable link with something like, Click Here to get your free report/video/ebook entitled “Start a Home Business Without Getting Scammed”.
Now this link can take them to a landing page where they can opt in to your “Free Report” or “Free Video” where you deliver your report either by email, ebook, or video. This is where the selling is done.
According to the training, “as long as the page you send your traffic to does not have an opt in form, affiliate link, video, etc” Facebook will approve your ad as they do not go any further than the one page from the ad. Here is Facebook’s terms on this matter:
– Ads cannot require viewers to click on the ad to submit Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone numbers, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses) on the landing page or in the ad, except to enable an ecommerce transaction and where the ad and landing page clearly indicate that a product is being sold.
DISCLAIMER: I have not tested this method “yet” with the ACME People Search business opportunity. This is all theory based on what I learned in the training. However, I have successfully earned commissions from “The Truth About Abs” product on Clickbank using direct linking to their salespage. So from here I am going to create a Truth About Abs campaign jump page and also create an APS campaign to see how it goes.
7. Another tip, create two ads in the same campaign so see which one performs better. After a couple of days, pause or delete the poorer performing one and make another one to test against the “better” ad. Keep doing this to increase your click throughs.
8. After about 2 days, if your click through rate is less than 2 percent, then either your ad blows, or targeting is no good. Make changes to one at a time to see if you do any better. Keep checking it every 2 days or so and keep changing your ad until you get click throughs over at least 1%.
That’s it for now. I hope this helps. More to come.